cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muratm
Community Member

Push Notifications for iPhone not working

Jump to solution

I love the Canvass app. I use it on my Mac, iPad and iPhone 8 Plus. I've noticed that Push Notifications work just fine on the iPad but not at all on the iPhone. Settings all look to be just right and working in sync among all three devices.

Any advice besides restarting phone and reinstalling Canvass? (these didn't fix problem).

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SkyVKing
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Martin,

It sounds like you are pretty savvy but just to double-check... Other than the Canvas App notification settings (Profile/Settings) to ensure "Enable Push Notification is selected" and then verify your Notification preferences there, have you checked the iPhone's Settings --> Notifications as well?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
SkyVKing
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Martin,

It sounds like you are pretty savvy but just to double-check... Other than the Canvas App notification settings (Profile/Settings) to ensure "Enable Push Notification is selected" and then verify your Notification preferences there, have you checked the iPhone's Settings --> Notifications as well?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
muratm
Community Member

Yep, all is setup as you mention. I can get text updates and email updates just fine but I’m also a technology snob and prefer push notifications. It works perfectly on my iPad Pro just no pushes to my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone

SkyVKing
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Martin,

I'm sorry this is so frustrating. I know they were having mobile iOS issues earlier this summer regarding notifications: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/15288-canvas-ios-app-notification-preferences-all-on but not sure if they were resolved. Uninstalling and re-installing might help, but maybe  @rseilham ‌ has some suggestions?

muratm
Community Member

Not the end of the world. I read about the “all on” issue you were having, it appears I have the opposite. Oh well, I will continue to monitor here to see if a fix becomes available.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

I have heard about users not getting notifications. Generally, they report these to support and I never hear back from them. 

One thing you can try to do is remove your Approved Integrations for the app under Account > Settings. 

I would also suggest you toggle on and off the push notification settings in the app and in the settings within iOS. 

muratm
Community Member

Yep, tried all that and the usual suspects and nothing. I understand the settings as I have no problem getting it to work on the iPad. Oh well, perhaps this bug will get addressed sometime down the road.

I've heard of this issue happening and then one day it works again. It might be a server issue and not app specific. I know that these push notification issues tend to be hard to diagnose and fix. Hopefully it will work again soon. In the meantime, I do suggest you point in a support ticket with Canvas (or your support team). 

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @muratm ‌,

It's been a few months since there has been activity in this discussion. Are you still experiencing issues with your notifications? Have you, by chance, submitted the support ticket like Ryan suggested? If so, what did you learn?

cberry1
Community Member

Just migrated from iPhone 6 to an iPhone X over the weekend.  I was getting all appropriate Push Notifications from Canvas to the iPhone 6, but now I am not getting any on my iPhone X.  I've looked at the settings on both iPhones and they are identical.  I deleted my notifications in Canvas and put them in again.  I am getting Text messages, but no Push Notifications.  Any ideas????  Thanks.