cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmaoabu
Community Member

Push Notifications not working on Android?

Jump to solution

I've tried a good few tomes to enable push notifications on my Canvas app and it's not working. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled and tried seeing if there is anything I can do on the website, but it's no use. It's just keeps giving me the error that "push notifications haven't been registered on this device". I've checked the app settings too.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi - I'm sorry that you're experiencing some challenges with your Canvas app. Have you looked at notification preferences from the browser first? (How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?‌)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
hklee74
Community Member

I had the same problem, and I found that it was a problem with the 'Power Saving' setting on my device.

1. Turn off "Power Saving"
2. Log out and log in again.
3. Set up push notifications.

If you were also setting up 'Power Saving', try this solution.

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi lmaoabu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question with the responses already provided or possibly through some of your own additional sleuthing? Because there hasn't been any more activity in a while, I am marking this question as answered as I assume that you have the information that you need.

If you still need further help or information, please feel free to reach out and let us know. Equally if you found a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Finally, if this question has been answered by someone else specifically, please feel free to jump back in and mark that answer as correct.

Cheers,
Stuart 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi - I'm sorry that you're experiencing some challenges with your Canvas app. Have you looked at notification preferences from the browser first? (How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?‌)

0 Kudos
hklee74
Community Member

I had the same problem, and I found that it was a problem with the 'Power Saving' setting on my device.

1. Turn off "Power Saving"
2. Log out and log in again.
3. Set up push notifications.

If you were also setting up 'Power Saving', try this solution.

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi lmaoabu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question with the responses already provided or possibly through some of your own additional sleuthing? Because there hasn't been any more activity in a while, I am marking this question as answered as I assume that you have the information that you need.

If you still need further help or information, please feel free to reach out and let us know. Equally if you found a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Finally, if this question has been answered by someone else specifically, please feel free to jump back in and mark that answer as correct.

Cheers,
Stuart 

0 Kudos

I'm now having the same issue described in the original post. I made sure I didn't have battery saver mode enabled, but it wasn't, so that can't be the issue.