cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sabsmith
Community Member

Question Banks creating multiple IDs for same question

Jump to solution

A faculty member noticed that her Item Analysis showed that several questions from her bank were duplicated and assigned separate Question IDs within the same section/same quiz. She didn't edit the question after the quiz began and the questions aren't duplicated in the bank itself. This creates a huge problem for our item analysis within the course and across sections of the course. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

1 Solution

Stefanie and Kona: Thanks so much for noticing my post. We've escalated the issue up to tier 2 and it's been officially deemed "a bug." Fingers crossed that it will be resolved before the fall.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@sabsmith ​, I apologize that your question has been sitting out here for over a month without garnering a response. Were you able to find a solution? I don't have an answer for you, but I'm adding this comment to "bump" the question's visibility a bit, and I'll also share it with a few groups whose members might have encountered this quiz item analysis anomaly.

Stefanie and Kona: Thanks so much for noticing my post. We've escalated the issue up to tier 2 and it's been officially deemed "a bug." Fingers crossed that it will be resolved before the fall.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks for the update! Hope it gets fixed quickly!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sabsmith , I haven't seen this before and if you haven't already, my recommendation is to contact Canvas Support to see if they can figure out what's going on with this!