Question banks - where are they stored?

Jump to solution
RichardPotter
Community Member
Hi,
I have recently taken over a course from a colleague and I am trying to get the Canvas site sorted out ready for the start of the semester. My colleague had created a useful quiz made up of a set of question banks and I would like to edit these and use them as part of the coursework this year. I have been able to edit / add questions to the banks, but when I tried to copy the quiz into a different Canvas site (I need similar questions in two Canvas sites), the banks themselves did not copy over.  I cannot actually work out where the question banks are stored or how to copy these - Can anyone advise please?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@RichardPotter -

You should be able to go to the course that you want the question banks copied to, select the import existing content (link is on the home page in upper right hand corner).

Then on that page select copy a canvas course, find the course to import from (you can start typing in any part of the course name - i.e. the number to narrow the list), then make sure you select the "Select Specific Content" option.

Then click on import.  in the Current jobs area you will see that import listing with a button for select content.  one of the items to import is the question banks.

The above is for Classic Quiz question/quiz banks.  I am not sure if that will work with item banks with new quizzes.

View solution in original post