Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sean_wise

Question numbers in student view not the same as in teacher view.

Jump to solution

The below pictures illustrate it better, I believe. The first shows what I have typed in teacher view. The second shows what the students see. Any idea how to correct this?

Picture 1

282283_pastedImage_1.png

Picture 2

282284_pastedImage_2.png

1 Solution
sean_wise

Hi Chris,

Yeah, I saw this in the link you gave me:

Custom names can help you identify quiz questions more easily. Regardless of the question name, students always see quiz questions in numerical order (i.e. Question 1, Question 2).

So it seems that there is no way around it. Kind of annoying.

Thanks for your help!

Sean

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sean_wise without seeing the entire exam I can't say for sure, but it's likely due due to your use of question groups. If you use question groups then it automatically randomizes the order of the questions in the group. Also, if you have the group only use X questions from the total group then it will also alter the numbering of the questions. Overall if you use question groups at all you can't count on the number on the teacher side matching the number on the student side. 

Hope this helps!

Kona

sean_wise

Hi Kona,

Thanks but I don't think that's the issue. I don't believe I'm using question groups. The test doesn't take random questions from a larger pool, it's just a static quiz, with teacher and student views shown in the same order.

0 Kudos
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sean_wise ...

It looks like you have given each of your questions custom titles.  For example, you've named your first question "Question 11", and you've named your second question "Question 12-15".  However, this title does not display from the student's side.  So, even though you've given them custom names, they are still going to show "Question 6" and "Question 7" because they are the 6th and 7th questions in your set of questions that you want students to answer.  For example, take a look at the section in this Guide called "Edit Multiple Choice Question Details": How do I create a Multiple Choice quiz question?.  You'll see there is a text box at the top left corner of the screen shot provided in that Guide with the text "Question".  This is editable, and more than likely, you've customized this to something like "Question 11" or "Question 12-15"...even though it's technically question #6 or #7 respectively.  I hope this helps, Sean.

sean_wise

Hi Chris,

Yeah, I saw this in the link you gave me:

Custom names can help you identify quiz questions more easily. Regardless of the question name, students always see quiz questions in numerical order (i.e. Question 1, Question 2).

So it seems that there is no way around it. Kind of annoying.

Thanks for your help!

Sean