Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yeoj

Question on Assignment Submission

Jump to solution

Do assignments automatically submit the work that has been done in them at the submission deadline?  I think I forgot to physically click the submit button on a homework, but I had fully completed the homework.  I was wondering if the homework would have automatically submitted or will I have no submission due to not clicking the submit button?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions
CraigOgden
Community Participant

Students assignments are automatically submitted when the time runs out. 

They do not auto turn in on the deadline.  If an assignment is due 4 September and you have not finished it you should be able to finish it and turn it in late. 

If the instructor set a timer on the assignment, then it will auto submit when the timer runs out.

Timer.png

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Yeoj 

Assignments do not auto-submit, but you can verify that your assignment submitted by navigating to the assignment. On the upper right of the assignment page their is a box that shows your submissions status. It looks like the screenshot below.......

kmeeusen_0-1613585654664.png

If you do not see "Submitted", then the assignment was not submitted. In most cases, you can simply resubmit.  I would suggest re-submitting and shooting your instructor a message telling her/him what happened.

Kelley

View solution in original post

5 Replies
CraigOgden
Community Participant

Students assignments are automatically submitted when the time runs out. 

They do not auto turn in on the deadline.  If an assignment is due 4 September and you have not finished it you should be able to finish it and turn it in late. 

If the instructor set a timer on the assignment, then it will auto submit when the timer runs out.

Timer.png

Hope this helps. 

Yeoj

Oh, I see.  My assignment had an unlimited time to be completed and just had a due date.  Is there a way I can check to see if I actually submitted my assignment?  When I go to the assignment I see the page in the picture below, and when I click attempt 1 I don't get much more information.

Yeoj_1-1613516307869.png

0 Kudos
CraigOgden
Community Participant

If you had unlimited time the only thing that I can think of us that your instructor submitted the assignment for you.  If this is the case I would reach out to him/her and ask for it to be reopened so you can take it again.

I have students who leave without finishing a test, so I have to submit it for them so they do not look up the answers.

Good luck.

0 Kudos

Hi @CraigOgden 

I think @Yeoj is asking about an assignment and not a quiz.

Assignments are not timed, and assignments do not auto-submit on due date.

Kelley

0 Kudos
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Yeoj 

Assignments do not auto-submit, but you can verify that your assignment submitted by navigating to the assignment. On the upper right of the assignment page their is a box that shows your submissions status. It looks like the screenshot below.......

kmeeusen_0-1613585654664.png

If you do not see "Submitted", then the assignment was not submitted. In most cases, you can simply resubmit.  I would suggest re-submitting and shooting your instructor a message telling her/him what happened.

Kelley