Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgibson1
Community Champion

Question regarding a student engagement indicator

Jump to solution

An administrator asked...

"I would like to be able to get a list of students (names and emails, class and instructor) of students who have enrolled in an online course but have not every logged in – I would like that report at the end of the first week of the fall classes. If I can get this, I can send an email to all the students about their lack of engagement in the online class (we have had students who forget they are enrolled in an online course or didn’t realize they were registered for an online course or even that classes had started). I think the distance office could then help solve some of the lack of engagement early in the course if we could get this information. Is this possible?"

Ideas anyone?

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hi rgibson1​, it looks like an admin can configure and run a Zero Activity report to obtain this information. Here's the lesson from the Canvas Admin Guide: What Reports are available for my account?  Scroll all the way down to the View Zero Activity Help / Configure Zero Activity Help sections at the very bottom of the page. Would this report fill the bill?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

Hi rgibson1​, it looks like an admin can configure and run a Zero Activity report to obtain this information. Here's the lesson from the Canvas Admin Guide: What Reports are available for my account?  Scroll all the way down to the View Zero Activity Help / Configure Zero Activity Help sections at the very bottom of the page. Would this report fill the bill?

You just made my day! Thanks!

You're welcome! Smiley Happy