Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamartinez

Questions about Footer buttons in application IOS canvas

Why in the app of IOS shows the buttons of "Next" and "Previous" but in the Android does not show the buttons???

View IOS app

sdfsdhfhskdfhs.png

View Android App

Screenshot_2016-09-12-16-51-1444.pngAre limitations of the platform?  Any extra configuration ?

P.S: In web works great

Screenshot_2016-09-12-16-51-14448.png

Button module-sequence-footer-button--previous
Button module-sequence-footer-button--next

4 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Well,  @hamartinez ​, this is very interesting because I remember when this feature was introduced and that there were some bugs with it not appearing on some devices.  But--when I check the official documentation--I notice a very interesting omission; namely, the omission of any mention of the NEXT or PREVIOUS buttons in the Android app.

Note the iOS documentation page here:  How do I view Modules in the Canvas app on my iOS device? and notice that the screen capture at the very end includes the Next and Previous links.

Now compare to the Android page here:  How do I view Modules in the Canvas app on my Android device? and notice that on a similar screen capture at the very end those Next and Previous links do NOT appear.

It is very unlike the excellent Instructure documentation team to not mention if something will not work the same way--they are actually quite good at mentioning if something is not implemented in the mobile devices, so this is the exception rather than the rule, but it would appear it may not be a feature at this time.  (And I may be missing some obvious mention of it elsewhere!)

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @hamartinez ​...

I wanted to check in with you since there hasn't been any activity in this discussion thread since mid September.  Did the response from  @kblack ​ help to answer your question?  I would also suggest that you post a question about the "Previous" and "Next" buttons at the bottom of the Guide that Ken linked for you: How do I view Modules in the Canvas app on my Android device?.  This way, the Canvas Docs team can help to clarify.

I am going to share your question with a couple of the mobile guys at Instructure to see if they might be able to chime in.  Hopefully, one or both of them will be able to provide some additional insights for you.  For now, I'll also mark this question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from adding additional questions/comments to this topic.  I hope this helps, Hugo!

bkraus
Instructure
Instructure

How are you accessing the module item? Are you navigating in from the module, or opening it from a link elsewhere? There is an open bug on Android where if you open a module item from a link, perhaps from say, an assignment description, it won't show those buttons.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again,  @hamartinez ​...

Checking in with you again because it's been over a month since Deactivated user​ replied to you.  Since we haven't heard from you since your initial question in September, I am hopeful that you've been able to find a resolution to your question(s).  I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but again, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  Please feel free to mark  @kblack 's or Ben's response as "Correct" if you feel that it answers your question(s).  Looking forward to hearing from you, Hugo!