Questions for Canvas

Jump to solution
cfallen
Community Novice

Actually, I have 3 questions about Canvas.

1.  Is there a way to block students who have been inactive for them to receive a notification that they need to contact the instructor to get unblocked?

2.  How can delete multiple emails without clicking on each individual one?

3.  Is there a microphone app that I can use if students with visual problems can have everything read to them (i.e. Modules, Announcements, etc.)?

Thank you for your time.

Chanda Allen

1 Solution
awilliams
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @cfallen . 

1.  Is there a way to block students who have been inactive for them to receive a notification that they need to contact the instructor to get unblocked?

- This would be something to discuss with your Canvas admin. There is an "inactive" enrollment type and other steps that could be taken to accomplish what you described.

2.  How can delete multiple emails without clicking on each individual one?

- Canvas notifications aren't emails. If you are attempting to select multiple messages in your Canvas inbox, follow the steps in this guide, https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26370-how-do-i-use-the-inbox-as-an-instructor 

3.  Is there a microphone app that I can use if students with visual problems can have everything read to them (i.e. Modules, Announcements, etc.)?

- Canvas takes accessibility very seriously and we test Canvas with assistive technology such as screenreaders which perform the actions you described. If students need help obtaining or using assistive technology there is typically a part of the institution that can assist the student with this. Additionally, the Microsoft Immersive Reader tool could be helpful. How do I use the Microsoft Immersive Reader when viewing a page as a student?

View solution in original post