Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdelong

Quiz Bank Question

Jump to solution

If I need to correct an error in a quiz bank, will the quiz automatically be rescored?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonesn16
Community Champion

It depends on how you setup the quiz. If you are using question groups and used the "link to bank" button, it will not automatically rescore. If you used the "find questions" option while building the quiz, then you will be able to edit the question from within the quiz and it will rescore.

If you're comfortable with excel, you can pretty quickly handle the first situation by exporting stuff from Canvas to determine who should get points, and then making an extra credit assignment that awards 1 point to just those people. I can write out the steps for this in more detail if that is an option you think would be helpful.

Here's an article about regrading quiz questions: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13064-4152139337 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonesn16
Community Champion

It depends on how you setup the quiz. If you are using question groups and used the "link to bank" button, it will not automatically rescore. If you used the "find questions" option while building the quiz, then you will be able to edit the question from within the quiz and it will rescore.

If you're comfortable with excel, you can pretty quickly handle the first situation by exporting stuff from Canvas to determine who should get points, and then making an extra credit assignment that awards 1 point to just those people. I can write out the steps for this in more detail if that is an option you think would be helpful.

Here's an article about regrading quiz questions: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13064-4152139337 

Our quiz author was in a hurry, and there are too many errors to mention in these multiple quiz banks. I'll just go in and manually regrade. Thanks for the quick response!