cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmorgan1
Community Member

Quiz Grading

How do I make a quiz give points based on the percentage scored?

Example: If a student gets a 93%, they get 7 out of 10 points.

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @wmorgan1  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I'm not sure if this would work for your needs, but have you considered using the "fudge points" option?  How do I adjust the point value for an entire quiz using fudge points in SpeedGrader?

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi William - I tried to apply a rubric to a quiz while using Classic Quizzes. However, the original score is what remained in the gradebook. The other challenge is that the quiz results are reported as points, not percentages. You would have to know the "conversions" before assigning points.

As I thought about this, you could do a second gradebook entry. The first item could be a quiz. First, students take it to receive points results, then you move it to Practice Quiz. Next, you'd create an assignment that doesn't require a submission. That item could be worth 10 points, and the total would be manually entered based on the score they earned on the first item (quiz). It's an extra step for you, but the gradebook would reflect your plan!