cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aeinspahr
Community Member

Quiz Jump to Sections

Jump to solution

Is there a way to set up a quiz/survey where later questions will be based on the answer of a previous question?

I am using the quiz/survey to collect data from my students.  I want to ask a multiple choice option of "Will you graduate in Dec. 2018?"  If the answer is yes, it will go to a set of grad-related questions.  If the answer is no, it will skip those grad-related questions and go straight to the next section.  The screenshot below shows how it worked in Google Quiz.

I have used Google Quiz in the past but would like everything concentrated under the Canvas site.  I figure I could use mastery paths, but then I have to worry about everyone making it through all 6 survey sections when with Google Quiz, they only had to complete 1 item.  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @aeinspahr ...

I don't believe this is currently possible in Canvas.  In doing some searching here in the Community website, I came across the following topic which seems to be similar to what you asked: Conditional Quizzes?  It's from two years ago, but I believe the feedback from  @kona ‌ would still apply today.

Further, I am not sure if this type of thing exists in the new Quizzes.Next quizzing interface, either.  (Although I'd be happy to be wrong on this.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @aeinspahr ...

I don't believe this is currently possible in Canvas.  In doing some searching here in the Community website, I came across the following topic which seems to be similar to what you asked: Conditional Quizzes?  It's from two years ago, but I believe the feedback from  @kona ‌ would still apply today.

Further, I am not sure if this type of thing exists in the new Quizzes.Next quizzing interface, either.  (Although I'd be happy to be wrong on this.)