Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shouts

Quiz Notifications

Jump to solution

Quick question - Does Canvas notify students when correct answers are available for a quiz (other than the on-screen message that appears at submission)?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shouts ​, from this pdf - https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/CanvasNotifications.pdf (pg 5-6) - I got from this guide - How do I set my Notification Preferences? - it appears that the things that trigger a notification include:

• Grade is entered
  • Grade is changed
  • Assignment grade is unmuted
  • Assignment grade weight change

So no, it does not look like students get a notification when the correct quiz answers are available.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@shouts ​, from this pdf - https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/CanvasNotifications.pdf (pg 5-6) - I got from this guide - How do I set my Notification Preferences? - it appears that the things that trigger a notification include:

• Grade is entered
  • Grade is changed
  • Assignment grade is unmuted
  • Assignment grade weight change

So no, it does not look like students get a notification when the correct quiz answers are available.

Thank you Kona. Very helpful! Appreciate it.

Sarah

Steve_Watts
Community Champion

I've just done a quick experiment and  @kona ​ posted her response while I was waiting for my experiment to finish! As she said, it doesn't give any notification when the answers become available. I was hoping that something would appear for the student under "Recent feedback" on the righthand side of the screen, but sadly not. They just have to remember to go back to the quiz at the specified date/time.

I agree that it would be useful to receive notifications for this and I was surprised that I couldn't find any feature ideas about it, so you might consider submitting an idea of your own.

I added a feature idea for this type of notification.

Thanks! Sarah

Closing the circle: Here's the link to Sarah's new feature idea: