cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daphryne_mannin
Community Participant

Quiz Question Banks: Multiple copies of same question appearing in bank.

Jump to solution

Multiple copies of the same question are appearing in my quiz question banks.  This has happened before.  What  am I doing wrong here?  I had a question bank this morning with 30 questions in it.  Now that my students are taking the test, they are seeing the same questions 3-5 times.  I looked at the bank and suddenly there are 102 questions in it!! HELP!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@daphryne_mannin , the only time I've had this happen is if I've accidentally duplicated a question bank (copying a course into itself) OR accidentally linked to a question bank multiple times on the same quiz. If neither of these scenarios fit what you're seeing then I'd recommend contacting Canvas Support. The best way to do this is to go to the quiz that's giving you problems, click on the Help link, and then "Report a Problem (explain the problem/issue).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@daphryne_mannin , the only time I've had this happen is if I've accidentally duplicated a question bank (copying a course into itself) OR accidentally linked to a question bank multiple times on the same quiz. If neither of these scenarios fit what you're seeing then I'd recommend contacting Canvas Support. The best way to do this is to go to the quiz that's giving you problems, click on the Help link, and then "Report a Problem (explain the problem/issue).

View solution in original post

daphryne_mannin
Community Participant

Thank you!! I will go back and look at it again. I may have accidentally copied the questions more than once, but not the 12 times several questions were repeated in the bank. This is not the first time it has happened either. I appreciate the tip!

If you're not seeing (or understanding) how the duplicates got there then I'd definitely contact Canvas Support! They are great at doing the deep investigative work that is sometimes needed to figure out what's going on with things like this!