Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tina_christophe
Community Participant

Quiz Question immediate feedback

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Is there a way to provide feedback on a quiz questions immediately following the student choosing the answer and before answering the next question. We were able to do this in Moodle when we were using that as our LMS.

This is a practice quiz the teacher wants to test the student's note taking skills.

The end of test feedback will not allow students to go back and edit their notes all at the end of the quiz.

thanks for any input...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately no, this option doesn't exist in Canvas. While you can add feedback to specific answer options and questions, this feedback won't show up until the entire quiz is submitted.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately no, this option doesn't exist in Canvas. While you can add feedback to specific answer options and questions, this feedback won't show up until the entire quiz is submitted.

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

PS - I did find a feature idea for this that I would recommend voting and commenting on -

tina_christophe
Community Participant

@Kona Jones - Thank you for that quick response - I hope this is something available in the new quizzing engine.

Me too! We had it in our previous LMS as well and I often used it for tests/quizzes.

steve_graves
Community Member

Geesh.  This is very depressing news.  We just adopted canvas and I have literally dozens of step-by-step tutorials that require students to get one question correct before they can move on to the next step.  It ensures they don't go to far down a rabbit hole as they learn software and statistics.   Curious if there's a work around?   Seems a fatal pedagogic flaw and a substantial oversight in the design of this software.

You could build single question quizzes and position them in modules.  These could be set to allow multiple attempts and after a certain number of attempts, the correct answer, along with feedback, could be shown.  May not be exactly what you want, but I have been looking into the same issue and found no great solution.

carrie
Instructure
Instructure

A new feature idea for "immediate feedback" was posted in January 2018. Please vote it up AND add your use case to the thread so our product developers better understand how you would use this feature in your quizzes and courses. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10660-immediate-feedback-in-quizzes