cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gharbor
Community Participant

Quiz Statistics Not Showing Equations

When we are viewing the Quiz Statistics of a Maths Quiz the Equations which are written in LaTex are not showing in the solutions box. We simply get a message in the box "No answer text provided" instead of the solution we added.

Could this be fixed so that the Quiz Statistics page also parses LaTex (equation code) in the same way the quiz itself does?

Below is an example of the statistics page:

Quiz Stats

5 Replies
awilliams
Instructure
Instructure

Hey gharbor,

It sounds like you've run across something you think may not be functioning correctly. I don't have personal experience with this situation but I would recommend going ahead and filing a support ticket for this issue. If it is something misbehaving, the support agent will be able to document the issue and pass it along the appropriate channels most effectively. It looks like you've been here a while, but I'll leave this guide here just for good measure.How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Beyond that, I will leave this question open so others can share their experience and any other thoughts they have about this issue. Let us know if you're able to find anything else out from support.

(Edited for typos/grammar)

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

gharbor,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

patrickwalsh

I have this issue as well, so there at least doesn't seem to be a fix that was general to Canvas. My mathematics terms don't show up in the statistics page at all, let alone with "No answer text provided.". Has there been any progress on this front? Here's an example:

266529_LatexStats.png

0 Kudos
gharbor
Community Participant

Yip not fixed..

0 Kudos
g_r_saward

I am having the same problem with a simple bold text answer, which happens to be a snippet of JavaScript code.

293427_quiz - answer snippet - javascript.PNG

I also had this with another question in the same test, which was NOT Javascript code, but DID include some bold text, e.g. 

293428_quiz - answer snippet - bold text.PNG

However, removing the bold text from the answers does not make them appear in the quiz statistics.  Similarly, I have a question with JavaScript snippets in the answers which DO get displayed in the quiz stats.

Any thoughts / help would be appreciated.

Guy

0 Kudos