Quiz Submission

Jump to solution
BCT
Community Member

I had a timed quiz of two problems, and I had the quiz open on both my phone and laptop since we needed to upload a picture of our answer I found it faster to upload it using my phone directly. I always have the quiz open on my laptop because on my phone the equations get distorted. I submitted an image on my phone, and then time ran out on both devices. However, my image didn't show when it came down to grading and I got an 8/20. I know for a fact I uploaded the picture on the app using my phone, there are no late submissions so I got a 40% on this quiz that was worth 15% of my grade. Is there any way that canvas messed up? Did I really not upload it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@BCT I highly recommend NOT having a quiz open on two devices.  This will cause lots of issues as only one quiz can save, so it sounds like your computer saved over the phone version.  Your instructor can look at the quiz log and see that you did submit an answer but obviously it is up to them on how/if they want to count it.  I would send them the photo and explain the issue and see what they say.  

Here is some info on the quiz log:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-view-a-quiz-log-for-a-student/ta-p/580

Good luck!

-Nick

View solution in original post