cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily_moore
Community Participant

Quiz Timer Getting Stuck

I have an issue where the timer in quizzes is getting stuck. The quiz has a time limit of 60 minutes, but after starting the quiz it counts down fine for a few minutes, then freezes. The only way to unfreeze it (and get it to show the correct time left) is to refresh the page. This happens even if the student stays on the quiz page the whole time.

If I watch the timer in the Moderate Quiz section, I can see the timer counting down like it's supposed to without any issues.

Has anyone else had this issue? Do you have any suggestions for getting the time to run like it is supposed to?

Thank you!

4 Replies
awilliams
Instructure
Instructure

What browser is the student using? I seem to recall an issue that was affecting the display of the that timer in MS Edge and IE.

emily_moore
Community Participant

Most of our students use Chrome, and I tested it as well and I was using Chrome on a PC.

Hey emily.moore​, this is going to be really tough for us to troubleshoot and I couldn't turn up anything else in the community related to your problem closely enough. I'm going to suggest you file a support ticket so that those who can look into your course can try and give you further assistance. If you can reproduce and document this problem that would be very helpful to those support agents. Check out How do I get help with Canvas​ for instructions on filing a ticket with your local Canvas support.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

emily.moore​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie