cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkeller44
Community Participant

Quiz availability vs. timed quiz

Jump to solution

Let's say that I don't want time limits on my quizzes and that they are due at 11:59 p.m. If I mark the available until time as 11:59 p.m. and a student starts it at 11:58, would they still have unlimited time on it? It won't close out of the quiz at 11:59 p.m. if they've already started it, will it?

Thank you,

Maureen Keller

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mkeller44 , if you have the "until" date set then no other settings matter, the quiz will automatically submit on the student at that until time. So the until time really is the END time on a quiz and yes, it will close on them if they've already started it. If you don't want this to happen, then just use the "due date" (which won't automatically submit the quiz) and don't use the until date. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mkeller44 , if you have the "until" date set then no other settings matter, the quiz will automatically submit on the student at that until time. So the until time really is the END time on a quiz and yes, it will close on them if they've already started it. If you don't want this to happen, then just use the "due date" (which won't automatically submit the quiz) and don't use the until date. 

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

cmeyer42
Community Member

However not having a 'available until' can allow students to complete the assignment the next day or 3 weeks later too. So, maybe just add time limit to the available until. So if the assignment is due 11:59pm on Tuesday with a 60min time limit. Maybe make the available until for Wednesday @ 1am.