cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murphy_1527
Community Contributor

Quiz - multiple attempts, students see scores but not answers

Hi all,

I need to create a quiz that students can take 2 times. They don't have to take it two times but are allowed to do so.

They are graded on the score of their highest attempt. I would like for them to be able to see their scores the first time around but not the answers. I don't want them to be able to see the answers until the Quiz closes (and all attempts are due for all students) at August 29th at 10:01pm.

Did I do this correctly?

2016-08-22_1506.png

Tags (2)
5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@murphy_1527 ​, the way you have it - with the "Let students see their quiz responses" checked - means that students will be able to see the quiz questions, how they answered the question, and if they got the question wrong. Granted they won't see the "Correct" answer until the date/time you set, but they will see the other information prior to this.

Ultimately if you don't want students to see anything other than their score until a certain date the only way to do this is to leave the "Let students see their quiz responses" unchecked until you are ready for them to see the additional information. Then go in and manually release this information.

For more information on this I recommend reviewing the following document - Quiz Settings to Maximize Security

murphy_1527
Community Contributor

So, is there a way to let students, who have the OPTION of taking a test more than once, see their score on their first attempt in order to help them decide if they do, in fact, want to take advantage of making a second attempt? 

The students can take both attempts with in a 3-day window so I am not sure that manually releasing information would help.

Still a bit stuck here.

If you uncheck the option to let students see their quiz responses they will still see their score on the quiz.

murphy_1527
Community Contributor

You RULE! Thank you.

So, is it an "either/ or" type of setting? Meaning If you unchecked the option to "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses" they will still see their scores on both attempts of the quiz, but not be able to see responses (quiz questions, how they answered the question, and if they got the question wrong).

If I DO check the "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses" I am enabling them to see to see the quiz questions, how they answered the question, and if they got the question wrong but not their scores?

I just want to confirm. I appreciate you helping me to understand the tool. I just want to make sure I have set it up to function the way I need it to.

They see their score in both scenarios. The only way to prevent students from seeing their score is to mute the assignment.