cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khamilton1
Community Member

Quiz not displaying to add to existing module????

I can't add a quiz to an existing module.  I the new quizzes and it isn't listed under "assignment" or "quiz".  It normally is listed under "assignment".  I have verified the quiz exists by selecting "Quizzes" on the left hand navigation pane, but I can't get it to display to add to an existing module.  I have refreshed, logged out and back in, any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

HI  @khamilton1  Welcome to the Canvas Community.

This does sound unusual. While you are coming to the source of the problem perhaps you could embed the quiz as a link on a page in the module. I have found that New Quizzes interrupt the flow of a module too. 

Canvas Support may be able to help you with your challenge though https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-17624-how-to-contact-canvas-support  

Sing out if you need a hand. 

minnow
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I create the quiz using "new quizzes". I can see it in "assignments." When I choose "assignments" from the drop down menu to add an item to a module, it doesn't show up in the list of assignments. It doesn't show up if I try "quizzes" either. My colleagues are telling me to go back to the old quizzes....

jgentry586
Community Member

I'm having the same issue within my High School's CANVAS. New Quiz appears in the Assignment Quizzes and AssignmentS pages, but when it comes to adding it to the Module, it doesn't exist.

And when I tried to replicate the same error on my University's CANVAS, I don't even get the option to create NEW Quizzes. 

JLockett
Community Member

Same problem here.  I created a New Quiz in one course, then copied it to another course.  When attempting to add the quiz as an Assignment in my Module, it shows up as an option in the second course, but not the first one (where it was originally created).  This seems, to put it mildly, perverse, and makes Canvas look rather slapdash.