cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kubatko_2
Community Member

Quiz question with multiple numeric answers?

Jump to solution

Is is possible to create a quiz question with multiple numeric answers?  I am looking for an option similar to the "Multiple Dropdowns" option, except rather than dropdown menus, I'd like to be able to submit numeric answers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately you can have a question that accepts numerical answers and you can have a question that accepts multiple text answers but there isn't a question type that accepts multiple numerical answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately you can have a question that accepts numerical answers and you can have a question that accepts multiple text answers but there isn't a question type that accepts multiple numerical answers.

View solution in original post

I've seen in other threads, especially by STEM teachers, and myself, that this is a big need. Is there any way this can be done? For instance, in my quizzes I have a table that students need to fill out with numerical answers. There are MANY spots in this table to fill out, and currently I have to make a separate numerical answer question for EVERY spot in the table. It is crazy. Please look into adding an option for Multiple Numerical Answers. (Just like there is one for Multiple Fill in the Blanks, and Multiple Dropdowns.)

cjcrehencia
Community Member

I need it to. There are problems in engineering that have more than 1 question. For example, what is the magnitude of the resultant force? What is the angle it makes with the horizontal?"

That's funny because that is one of the exact uses I will use it for. A magnitude and an angle. Polar and rectangular coordinates. I can't just ask for one of the two. And I don't want to separate them into 2 different problems. Also there are a lot of tables that would be nice to input all the answer within one problem mimicking a real table.