cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theresa_dorn
Community Participant

Quiz questions not visible to some students

Jump to solution

Under what circumstances would only a few students not be able to see quiz questions?

They do not show up in the stats with a grade. I thought that might tell me if they had opened it and then didn't click anything, including the Submit button. 

It is just a peer review questionnaire, not important towards their grade, unless they don't take it.

I asked the student to send me a screen shot. This is what I can see.

Under the title of the quiz 

Started: Dec 5 at 12:12 am

Under Time Elapsed: 

it says   20 hours, 8 minutes

At the bottom, next to the Submit button

Quiz saved at 8:20am

Can we just go into the quiz and add a new assignment to allow them to retake the quiz?

Thank you,

Theresa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Theresa,

Is it possible that the students got into the quiz before you had added questions?  I've seen this happen before where an instructor creates a shell of a quiz and publishes it without yet adding any questions.  A student sees it and clicks the button to start it, seeing no questions because there aren't any.  Then later after the questions are added the student goes to take it; and still sees no questions.  That is because once they start a quiz they are going to get the same "copy" when they resume it; even if it has been changed since then.

That is about my only guess.

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Theresa,

Is it possible that the students got into the quiz before you had added questions?  I've seen this happen before where an instructor creates a shell of a quiz and publishes it without yet adding any questions.  A student sees it and clicks the button to start it, seeing no questions because there aren't any.  Then later after the questions are added the student goes to take it; and still sees no questions.  That is because once they start a quiz they are going to get the same "copy" when they resume it; even if it has been changed since then.

That is about my only guess.

Rick

View solution in original post

Thank you, Rick Murch-Shafer.

I hadn't thought of that. I'll ask the TA if that is a possibility.

Theresa

The TA said he believed that no one had access to the created quiz until a specific release date. The instructor already gave the two students another try. That did not mess up anything or anyone else's results or the quiz itself. We don't really know what happened.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @theresa_dorn ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since your reply on December 11, 2018.  Do you feel that one of the above replies (either from you or from  @rmurchshafer ) could be marked as "Correct"?  If so, please go ahead and click the "Mark Correct" button next to one of the responses.  Or, if you still have some questions about this, please let us know by posting a message below.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for almost five months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Theresa.