Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfredo_alcanta
Community Contributor

Quiz score as prerequisite

Jump to solution

Hi Community,

I'm working with a faculty member whos created practice quiz with multiple attempts.  I don't think this is possible but she would like to set a grade threshold of like 80%. Meaning they can't go on to the next Module until they hit 80%. Is this possible?

Best

Alfredo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
josh_emmitt
Community Contributor

Hi Alfredo,

This is possible. To explain, lets call the module you want to have the quiz in "A" and the one you want to be locked "B". You need to set a prerequisite on B that a student cannot access it until they finish A. In A you need to set a requirement that a student reaches at least a certain mark in the quiz before they can complete that module (A). To do this have a look at the below thinks

How do I set up prerequisite Modules?

How do I add requirements to a Module?

Hope this helps,

Josh

View solution in original post

3 Replies
josh_emmitt
Community Contributor

Hi Alfredo,

This is possible. To explain, lets call the module you want to have the quiz in "A" and the one you want to be locked "B". You need to set a prerequisite on B that a student cannot access it until they finish A. In A you need to set a requirement that a student reaches at least a certain mark in the quiz before they can complete that module (A). To do this have a look at the below thinks

How do I set up prerequisite Modules?

How do I add requirements to a Module?

Hope this helps,

Josh

View solution in original post

@josh_emmitt ,

You nailed it! Smiley Happy  It's exactly what we needed. Thank you for your clear explanation.

Best,

Alfredo

No problem. Glad to help.

Josh