cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delodax

Quizzes.Next Service / Outcomes Service account roles

Jump to solution

Hi!

I have noticed that in the instance of Canvas I'm working with, there are two seemingly auto-generated permissions called Quizzes.Next Service and Outcomes Service. They have a corresponding account with that permission set (with API appended to the name of the account).

I would wager that these permissions/accounts are generated to simply make the API for these features "work". Am I correct in this assessment? Am in the process of "cleaning up" redundant admin accounts and would like to know if these are primed to be put on the chopping block or not...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I believe you are correct and those two accounts are in use by those services.  I know for Quizzes.Next; it is written as an LTI tool and thus needs an account with appropriate permissions to make it work.  I suggest not removing them or changing any of the permissions related to them.

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I believe you are correct and those two accounts are in use by those services.  I know for Quizzes.Next; it is written as an LTI tool and thus needs an account with appropriate permissions to make it work.  I suggest not removing them or changing any of the permissions related to them.

Rick

Thanks for the feedback Rick. I'll go with that assumption Smiley Happy