Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sara_spencer

Quizzes.Next and the Late Policy?

Jump to solution

I am using the Quizzes.Next and the new grade book format where I have applied the Late Work policy for -10% every day it is late.  It has worked fine until the last 2 times.  The last 2 times I have graded a quiz assignment and as I am grading the essay questions and fixing the matching points, I see if a student has had late point subtracted based on when they turned it in.  I then update the grade with the graded questions and move on.  When I go back to the grade book to move the grades to my Skyward, I see that late points have been deducted for ALL students that is equal to how many days after the due date I have graded the work instead of when they submitted it.  This hasn't happened before but now it happens for all assignments given through Quizzes.Next.  This is a problem as I now have to record for each student if and how late they turned in the assignment as I am grading and then have to go back into the grade book and fix the late policy.  Why is this happening and just recently?  Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sara_spencer , this sounds pretty frustrating! Given that you’re using the new Gradebook and quizzes.next, I’m guessing this might be some type of bug that hasn’t been worked out. The best thing to do in a case like this is to submit it to Canvas Support. To do this, click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem. 

Hope suppoet can can help you with this!

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sara_spencer , this sounds pretty frustrating! Given that you’re using the new Gradebook and quizzes.next, I’m guessing this might be some type of bug that hasn’t been worked out. The best thing to do in a case like this is to submit it to Canvas Support. To do this, click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem. 

Hope suppoet can can help you with this!

Kona

lclontz
Community Participant

Unfortunately, we've experienced and can confirm the same behavior. L2 support is aware, so hopefully there will be a prompt fix.

RobDitto
Community Champion

Here's a welcome update from Canvas Current Issues‌ which points to a plan to address part of this issue: