cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BStutzman
Community Contributor

Quizzes.Next question feedback

Jump to solution

In Quizzes.Next I can't figure out how to give feedback to individual answers in a quiz.  For example, if I am making a multiple choice question, I want to give specific feedback for each wrong answer.  I can see that I can give feedback overall for a wrong answer, but I want to give different feedback for each wrong answer.  Can anyone tell me how to do that? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @BStutzman .  This is a good question.  I checked the guides and when this document, 

How do I add feedback to an assessment question in Quizzes.Next?, states: "Student feedback can be customized to display feedback for correct answers [1] or incorrect answers [2]. You can also display the same feedback for all answers [3].", I take this to mean providing different responses for incorrect responses is not possible.

I know that the folks at Instructure have said that they are working to bring feature parity between Quizzes.Next and Quizzes Classic, and don't see the ability to leave responses for each question response on this chart, Quizzes.Next Feature Comparison.  It might be worth submitting a feature idea for this functionality and mentioning that it is a feature that exists in the Classic version, but my guess is that items mentioned specifically in the comparison chart will be addressed before other features.

I hadn't noticed this before so thanks for bringing it up!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @BStutzman .  This is a good question.  I checked the guides and when this document, 

How do I add feedback to an assessment question in Quizzes.Next?, states: "Student feedback can be customized to display feedback for correct answers [1] or incorrect answers [2]. You can also display the same feedback for all answers [3].", I take this to mean providing different responses for incorrect responses is not possible.

I know that the folks at Instructure have said that they are working to bring feature parity between Quizzes.Next and Quizzes Classic, and don't see the ability to leave responses for each question response on this chart, Quizzes.Next Feature Comparison.  It might be worth submitting a feature idea for this functionality and mentioning that it is a feature that exists in the Classic version, but my guess is that items mentioned specifically in the comparison chart will be addressed before other features.

I hadn't noticed this before so thanks for bringing it up!

View solution in original post