Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billyshaw

Quizzes.next submissions not appearing in Speedgrader

We have a few instructors having some issues in Quizzes.next. Students will submit a quiz, but then it will not be automatically graded and the submission will not appear in the Speedgrader. I would generally assume it's an issue with the settings, but I checked them and they are all correct. Moreover, it's only happening to a few students each quiz, and not always the same ones.

Lastly, the submissions are visible through the "Moderate" page in Quizzes.Next. Why would it appear there but not in the Speedgrader?

5 Replies
mfulton1
Community Member

I have two students in my class that when I go to moderate show "In Progress" under the Log. The due date for the quiz was a week ago. When will these be submitted or is there away for me to submit them?

We had the same "In Progress" issue for several students who did not deliberately click "Submit" for a quiz that had availability dates set. The auto-submit function isn't working for Quizzes.Next unless a time limit is set and the quiz times out. Our workaround was to temporarily reopen the quiz and masquerade as each student to submit on their behalf any responses they had added before the due date. Hoping to see this feature parity with standard Quizzes soon! In the meantime, we are asking students to manually submit whatever responses they have by the due date.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, billyshaw...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I thought that I would check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on February 4, 2019.  Have you had an opportunity to review the responses from  @mfulton1  and  @RebeccaMoulder ?  If so, did either of them help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking to find a resolution to your question?  If you feel that either Morag or Rebecca has helped to answer your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button next to that person's name.  However, if you're still looking for some assistance from Community members, please come back to this topic to post a message below letting us know how we might be able to help you out.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over five months.  However, that will not prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Billy.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @RebeccaMoulder .  I wasn't sure if you had seen the new Canvas release notes (Canvas Release Notes (2019-11-16)), but saw that it indicated:

External Tools (LTI)

• For institutions using the New Quizzes LTI, instructors can manually submit student in-process quiz attempts.

I was glad to see this functionality coming and thought you might as well!

All the best---

Hi ericwerth‌! 

Yes, I just saw that and while it's not the auto-submit with the Until date function I was hoping for, I think it'll provide a good workaround for students who for one reason or another don't click "Submit." Looking forward to testing this out soon!