cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rake_9
Community Champion

Quizzes with missing images

We are getting a number of questions from instructors.  They have quiz questions with images.  The images were all there at the beginning of the semester and probably even mid-semester.  Now, as we approach the end of the semester, the images are missing.  One commonality in at least some of the courses is that they include a "Canvas Common Cartridge" import; that seems to be associated with an import from Commons.

Is anyone else having this issue?  We are escalating through other channels as well.

12 Replies
tross
Community Champion

Is it possible that whoever published the information in Commons put out an update and pushed it out?  Have you checked the original in Commons to see if the images are there?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @rake_9 ‌ -  It's been a while since we've heard from you! Teri asked some great questions, and it would be awesome if you could provide the Canvas Community with some more details about your issue! Looking forward to hearing from you! Smiley Happy

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rake_9 ...

I noticed that we've not yet heard from you since you first posted this question back on April 27th.  So, I thought I would check in with you.  Per the response from  @KristinL , it looks like we need a bit more information from you in order to help answer your question.  Could you please come back to this thread to provide an update so that members of the Canvas Community can help troubleshoot with you?  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily answered your question...but rather because we've not heard from you, and there hasn't been any new activity in this thread since June 5th.  I hope that's okay with you.  We look forward to hearing from you soon, Valerie!

clong
Community Champion

Hi  @rake_9 ‌, we are also getting a few teachers that are having problems with quiz images not showing up and I'm trying to figure out the cause & workaround. Have you had any luck?

Here's a description of the problem from one of our teachers

I posted a quiz last night on Canvas and my students all emailed me to tell me that the pictures are locked. I am not sure what I did wrong? This is a quiz I made last year and imported into my class this year. I previewed the quiz and even did student view on the quiz and everything looked fine. I also asked a few student if they were taking the quiz on their phones or computer and it seemed even the computer had problems.
The pictures are saved as jpg files and appear under the image file. I even real quickly edited the quiz by deleting the photos and then putting them back. This did not help.
I asked a few colleagues and they did not know either. I posted the quiz on Commons as Cell Structure and Function Quiz. Maybe you can take a look? Can you please help?
I have other tests that I would like to use in the future and am now afraid I won't be able too.

@Chris_Hofer ‌, maybe you could mark this as unanswered for now?

Hey there,  @clong ‌...

Not really sure why someone marked my response as "Correct", but I've removed it so that it's still unanswered...for now.

clong
Community Champion

Thanks! We have a help case in on it and are still trying to figure it out. I'll update with details when we do.

Hi  @clong ...

Checking in with you because it's been a couple months since we've seen any new activity in this topic.  Do you have the case number (so that Community Managers might be able to investigate), or do you have any additional details you could share with us since your last posting?

rake_9
Community Champion

We did not get any particular answers / resolution (I think), nor have we seen it again.  Unsettling.

bcoburn

I am experiencing the same difficulty. I imported the content and quiz images do not appear. I have imported individual quizzes to see if that would be a fix. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the problem. I did not import from commons and images have not been updated so that is not the issue. I have generated a ticket for a fix. I do not look forward to redoing all the quiz questions with images and I do not want to go back to paper quizzes, but....

0 Kudos
betsy_greenberg

I am running into this problem -- it clearly has not been addressed by Canvas.

0 Kudos
millar
Community Participant

We found that the images, themselves, need to be published.  Go to Files, find the images for the particular quiz, and click "Publish".  That worked for this particular issue.

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello everyone...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I thought I'd check in one last time.  There hasn't been any new activity in this topic since May 10, 2018.  I know that missing images used to be a problem, but I haven't seen much discussion about this in the past couple months.  I'm going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over four months.  However, that won't prevent any of you or others that find this topic from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  Hoping that's alright with everyone.

0 Kudos