Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
online_access

Quizzes won't open

Jump to solution

One of my courses has about 20 quizzes.  Suddenly, the button for my people that enables them to take a quiz has gone from every quiz.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is the box checked to only allow students to access the course between these dates? Also, the next place to check is your term settings. Click on the sections tab (from course settings) and click on a section to see when the section is set to be open. If none of this helps, then please contact Canvas Support so they can look into this. You can contact them by clicking the Help link and Reporting a Problem. 

Kona

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@online_access , are you sure the course is still "active" to the students. The only time I've seen this happen is when the course end date has passed. When this happens the course flips into a read only state for the students - so they can access it, but they can't submit anything to it. My recommendation is to go into your course and check your course settings - specifically look at the course end date. If there don't seem to be any problems with the course end date, then I'd contact Canvas Support and see if they can help. To do this click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem.

Hope this information helps!

Kona

Hi Kona,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I had no end date for the course, so I inserted new year’s eve, 2019. Sadly, this didn’t fix the problem…

Peter T. Martin

peter@onlinetechnicaltraining.net

Is the box checked to only allow students to access the course between these dates? Also, the next place to check is your term settings. Click on the sections tab (from course settings) and click on a section to see when the section is set to be open. If none of this helps, then please contact Canvas Support so they can look into this. You can contact them by clicking the Help link and Reporting a Problem. 

Kona

Kona,

The problem was on the dates for the “Section”.

Thank you very much for your help.

Happy New Year!!

(You’ve made mine happier)

Peter T. Martin

peter@onlinetechnicaltraining.net

Yay! Glad we were able to get it figured out!! 

Kona