Random submissions

Jump to solution
dol_21
Community Novice

Hi!

I submitted the right assignment for my History class at first. But days later, some random assignments from another classes popped up instead of the History one. My history teacher is only able to see the latest submission (which is the wrong one). Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @dol_21  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  The assignment submission interface for you (as a student) is a bit different than what your instructor would see.  When you submit an assignment to your instructor, you only get to see the latest submission for that assignment.  So, for example, if you submitted an assignment at 1:00 p.m. and then re-submitted work to the same assignment again at 1:30 p.m., you would only see the latest submission... 1:30 p.m.  Now, from the instructor's point of view, he/she is able to see all submissions from you for that particular assignment.  If you check out this Guide, How do I view the details of a submission for a student in SpeedGrader?, the section on "Evaluate Multiple Submissions" (about half-way down) shows how your instructor can use a drop-down list in the SpeedGrader to view current and past submissions from you for that assignment.  Everything is time and date stamped...so your instructor will know exactly when you submitted and re-submitted the assignment.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Jasmine.  Please sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes