cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maddi_funk

Re-Grading Not Allowed?

How can you make edits to a quiz after students have already taken it? I know that you can usually choose a re-grade option, but when the "Re-grade Option" window pops-up, it tells me that “Regrading is not allowed on this question because either an answer was removed or the question type was changed after a student completed a submission.”

Thank you so much for any help!

6 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@maddi_funk ,

First, I want to apologize for your question sitting in the community for so long without a response.

Second, it looks like you have stumped the Canvas Community.  Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while, so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

How we keep your questions flowing!

Robbie

0 Kudos
matt_graham

I have this same problem. I cant regarded a quiz, even when no one has taken it yet. I imported the quiz from a previous semester. Any help?

ruh
Community Participant

I have the same problem. Can anybody help?

"Re-grading is not allowed on this question because either an answer was removed or the question type was changed after a student completed a submission."

0 Kudos
canvassucks2

For anyone still having this issue, the solution I found is to just delete the old question and create a new one to replace it. This doesn't seem to set trigger the regrade popup, even if a student has already taken the quiz.

0 Kudos
DerekEby

Wht about after students have taken it? It has always allowed me to do this in the past, yet I am getting this message. I did not do either of: deleting answers or changing question type. Very confused, cmon canvas again!

0 Kudos

Only thing I can think of is that someone previewed and submitted a quiz as a test student to check things over during writing, and then a blank answer was deleted. This should not count. Any way to delete that attempt?

0 Kudos