cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmcdo2
Community Member

Recording PPTs with Audio Only to Post to Canvas

I am having pretty good luck with students in a hybrid course which uses audio recorded PPTs.  They actually are watching them and like that they can stay at home instead of schlepping to campus for an 8:00 am class MW!

I was using recordings from my summer online course, which were done a few years ago.  Now I need to create new ones.  I successfully used the PPT audio record option but it isn't as smooth as the ones that were done with (I think) Cultura way back.  Does anyone else use this type of lecture delivery and if so, how do you make the recordings?  All suggestions are welcome!  I want to be able to do this on my own at my own pace and change the lectures as needed easily.  

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jmcdo2 ...

I'm not completely sure of an answer for you because I am only a Canvas administrator for our school's Canvas environment, and I don't teach.  However, I did a bit of searching here in the Canvas Community, and I found the following discussions that may be of interest:

My powerpoint loses its audio component when converted to video!  

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/118867 

I hope this helps, Juliana.

My powerpoint loses its audio component when converted to video!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jmcdo2 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Hi, Robbie: Well, I figured it out so that it made a movie file with Keynote.

You open the PPT with Keynote.

Record Slideshow.

Save.

Export to 'movie'

The upload the .m4v file to Canvas.

Canvas then converts it for you to the nice version I like where students can start, stop, go back, etc.

Hope this help!