Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhmyrtetus

Records for Dropped Students?

Jump to solution

I have a student who dropped my class. When he dropped, all my records of his attendance and participation disappeared. He has filed some kind of petition with the school that requires me to confirm his last date of attendance, but my records for him are gone. Is there any way to restore the records for a student who is no longer enrolled in the class?

1 Solution
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jhmyrtetus ,

At our school, we have to manually add the students back to the course when the Financial Aid office asks for this information.  The instructors usually contact me, I add the student back, screen shot the information from the People tab and then remove the student again.  Adding the student back to the course is the only way to restore the records.

Robbie

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jhmyrtetus ,

At our school, we have to manually add the students back to the course when the Financial Aid office asks for this information.  The instructors usually contact me, I add the student back, screen shot the information from the People tab and then remove the student again.  Adding the student back to the course is the only way to restore the records.

Robbie

jhmyrtetus

Thank you for your answer! I ended up calling the Canvas Support Hotline, and the person who helped me was able to look up the student's activity in the course, which gave me the answer I needed. Fortunately, all I needed was the student's last date of attendance or participation. If I end up needing more detail, this will be good to know!