cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefan_hohenber
Community Member

Redirect tool on own server - open internal page in _top

Hey Everybody,

I just want to use my own redirect script. There is no problem so far. But I want to open an internal canvas page (like a people page).  I always get the target page as iframe inside my course. So in the end I have two navigation bars.

If I use the default url edu-apps.org/redirect with an internal page link, the content is not redirected to the iframe. Everything is nice. But what variable is needed to produce the same behavior with my own redirect script.

All the best

Stefan

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hey,  @stefan_hohenber ! I've shared your question with the Canvas Developers‌ group; if anyone can solve this problem, they can. Smiley Happy Their responses will appear here, so you don't need to join the group to see them--but if you'd like to join the group and you're not yet a member, you can join by clicking on the link to the group and selecting Join Group from the Actions menu at the upper right of the group home page.

James
Community Champion

@stefan_hohenber ,

If I understand correctly, I think I recently did this with a link to our student email server. It calls an LTI on our server that gets the pre-auth and then opens up the student email without making them log in again and it does it in a new window.

The trick was in the XML file. I added

<lticm:property name="windowTarget">_blank</lticm:property>

inside the lticm:options section.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @stefan_hohenber ‌...

It's been since early June since we first heard from you here in the Canvas Community, and so I thought that I would check in to see if you have had a chance to review the response from  @James ‌.  After reviewing James' response, do you feel that it answered your question?  If it did, please go ahead and mark his answer as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please come back to this posting to provide an update so that members of the Community can provide you with additional help.  For now, since we've not heard from you for over two moths and since there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for around the same amount of time, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional related questions/comments below.  I hope that's okay with you, Stefan.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!