Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aakash
Community Participant

Redirecting LTI page to Assignment in mobile app

Jump to solution

Hi Canvas Team,

In my canvas course added my own LTI web tool, Here i'm trying to redirect from LTI web page to mobile app canvas assignment page but if i enter url that is loading entire page like website. Please tell me how can i call or redirect from LTI to assignment page. 

311554_lmsAssignmentpage.png

see above image, everything loading like web page in mobile app. just give some suggestions to redirecting from one page to other pages in mobile applications.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi, aakash raj gajula‌, 

If you want to redirect to the Canvas Mobile app through a web browser or a web-based LTI, you will need to use the Canvas Mobile URL schemes found here: 

Android and iOS 2.0 Mobile App API Documentation - Instructure Tech Blog 

For example, instead of linking to an assignment which would produce a URL similar to: 

https://example.instructure.com/courses/:courseID/assignments/:assignmentID

You would use the canvas-courses URL scheme: 

canvas-courses://example.instructure.com/courses/:courseID/assignments/:assignmentID

Here's an example of it in action from a webpage: 

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

This might require some re-engineering of your LTI, but this is the way to do it. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi, aakash raj gajula‌, 

If you want to redirect to the Canvas Mobile app through a web browser or a web-based LTI, you will need to use the Canvas Mobile URL schemes found here: 

Android and iOS 2.0 Mobile App API Documentation - Instructure Tech Blog 

For example, instead of linking to an assignment which would produce a URL similar to: 

https://example.instructure.com/courses/:courseID/assignments/:assignmentID

You would use the canvas-courses URL scheme: 

canvas-courses://example.instructure.com/courses/:courseID/assignments/:assignmentID

Here's an example of it in action from a webpage: 

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

This might require some re-engineering of your LTI, but this is the way to do it. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post