cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scubitt
Community Member

Regrading in quiz.next

I created a test in the new quiz.net with matching and categorization questions. I didn't realize that those questions will not give partial credit (i.e. there are 8 items to be matched and if the student gets one wrong they score 0/8 points on that question instead of 7/8). Had I known this, I would not have used Canvas to create this assessment, but it's too late for that now. So, I am painstakingly going in to do the tedious work of manually regrading every single question for every single student. The problem is that every time I update one students grade, it regrades every other students grade for that question back to 0/8, even if I previously updated it to 6/8. So all this extra work is being undone every time I fix a student's score. How on earth can I regrade all of these questions for all my students and have the correct score save??

3 Replies
Community Champion

@scubitt  did you ever get your question answered?  I don't know  much about Quizzes.Next; my county doesn't use this format.    I'm tagging other people in hopes of getting their help.  It is my understanding that it's not possible to regrade a Quiz automatically in the Quizzes.   @chofer instrucational designer Regrading a quiz

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @scubitt .  If you are using the regrade feature, I believe this will change the scoring of the question for every student so may change others' grades depending on how they answered the question and what regarding option you selected.  I did a bit of testing, and at least with matching, if you manually change a student's grade on a question and then later regrade the question, it will revert any manually-awarded grade to a new grade based on the new grading scheme for the question.  I am not sure at this point how to regrade a categorization question as I don't seem to be able to change the categories or distractors when I attempt a regrade.

It wouldn't solve the issue of regrading each question for each student, but rather than selecting regrade, you could just look at the student's response and change the points awarded to each question.  At least this way you won't run into the problem of the regrading undoing what you manually did for a previous student.  It is also worth noting that after changing a grade for questions manually, you need to scroll to the bottom and select "update" for this to save.

I would also bring your attention to the discussion here, Scoring Multiple Answer questions.  The thread has been very active and you might consider leaving a reply as well.  I feel confident that more scoring options for multiple answer questions will come at some point, but the more feedback in this thread the better.

I hope this helps and best wishes! 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening,  @scubitt ...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Community, and I came across your question.  I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on March 7, 2019.  It looks like you received some help from both  @9927744  and ericwerth back in May.  Have you had an opportunity to review their feedback?  Did either of their replies help to answer your question?  If so, please feel free to click on the "Mark Correct" button next to one of their replies.  However, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please come back to this topic to post a note below letting us know how we might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and also because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Samantha.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.