Regrading option does not appear for a multiple-choice quiz

Jump to solution
amtravco
Community Explorer

I want to give all students full credit for a multiple-choice question on a Canvas quiz. I wrote this question myself; it is not from a test bank. I changed one of the multiple-choice answers in order to trigger the Regrade option list, but this list does not appear. Am I doing something wrong? In videos online, this list appears automatically as soon as an answer is changed, but nothing happens for me.

Is this feature working? There have been some other posts suggesting that is is broken. It must have worked at some point because there are plenty of videos online that show it.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @amtravco,

You mentioned changing one of the answers to the question to trigger the regrade. In what way did you change the answer? The point value, correct answer, deleted or added an answer, etc? According to How do I regrade a Multiple Choice quiz question?, "Adding or removing a question as well as changing the point value for the multiple choice question does not trigger the quiz regrade feature."

Naomi 

View solution in original post

amtravco
Community Explorer

OK, I went back and changed which answer was the correct answer. This triggered the regrade panel. Evidently changing the value of an answer does not trigger the regrade. This is not particularly clear in the documentation.

View solution in original post