cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjjohnson01
Community Participant

Remove Due and Points from top of Assignment?

Jump to solution

Is there a way modify the way an Assignment looks to remove the Due and Points banner at the top of an Assignment?

We're trying to add an H5P page to an assignment as an activity that has no points or due date. The idea is to remove the idea that the user/reader is being assessed.

Thanks!

--jj--

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jjjohnson01
Community Participant

Ah, sorry to hear you've moved on, but thanks for the response!

I think our programmers have a way to script it out. We'll test it in the next week or so.

Thanks and best wishes for your new position.

--jj--

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @jjjohnson01,

I've not created a page with an H5P before, so I can't speak to that side of things, but maybe I can help with what you're seeing on the Canvas side. 

I'm not aware of a way to remove the Points and Due headers from the Assignment Details page. Even when a "Not Graded" assignment type is being used and the assignment doesn't include a due date, those headers will still display for students. 

If your students aren't being graded, maybe you could create a page instead? The Points and Due headers don't display for pages. However, a date may display at the top if you assign a To-Do date.

Naomi

jjjohnson01
Community Participant

Thanks for the response, @Naomi. The reason to use Assignments is that we have a plug-in for H5P that can track the time the participant is in the assignment/course, interacting with the H5P content. It doesn't work using Pages, unfortunately.

If there were an easy way to track activity in Pages we would prefer it. We've not found a way to do so with basic Canvas reporting.

Thanks!

--jj--

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @jjjohnson01,

I know @GideonWilliams has contributed a lot to feature idea for H5P interactive content integration. He or others in that idea thread might have some work around ideas. 

Naomi

jjjohnson01
Community Participant

Thanks, Naomi!

I've visited the thread and sent @GideonWilliams a note in the thread.

--jj--

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

HI both

Sadly I have moved schools and no longer using Canvas nor H5P :O( but have kept this account just in case. It may be worth your time contacting H5P directly,. I have always found they respond very quickly to any questions. I guess you can track page use indirectly by embedding the quizzes on the page using the integration. The times for doing the quiz will tell you when thy have accessed the page.

jjjohnson01
Community Participant

Ah, sorry to hear you've moved on, but thanks for the response!

I think our programmers have a way to script it out. We'll test it in the next week or so.

Thanks and best wishes for your new position.

--jj--

View solution in original post

0 Kudos