cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timothy_maw
Community Champion

Remove or change "Forgot Password" Link

Jump to solution

I need to either remove or change the forgot password link from our login page (davistech.instructure.com) as shown below:

262926_Forgot Password.PNG

It currently does not work because we recently added a single sign on option which prevents users from resetting their own passwords. I was told by my CSM that the only way to change this is through custom JavaScript and since I know very minimal JavaScript I was hoping someone in the community could help me out.

Thanks

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
bneporadny
Community Champion

@timothy_maw ‌

You should just be able to add the line below to your JavaScript file to remove the Forgot Password link from your Canvas login screen.

document.getElementsByClassName('ic-Login__forgot')[0].style.visibility = 'hidden';

While the line above works if you have other JS it may break it from being able to run the rest. So I have updated the code to include checking to see if you are on the login screen before triggering it to run.

if(document.URL.split('/')[3] === 'login'){
document.getElementsByClassName('ic-Login__forgot')[0].style.visibility = 'hidden';
}

View solution in original post

Thanks  @bneporadny ‌ that worked great.

Alternately, you can set their user "Authentication ID" to "canvas" using a SIS import. This will allow Canvas access to their password and give them the option to change it by email.

4 Replies
bneporadny
Community Champion

@timothy_maw ‌

You should just be able to add the line below to your JavaScript file to remove the Forgot Password link from your Canvas login screen.

While the line above works if you have other JS it may break it from being able to run the rest. So I have updated the code to include checking to see if you are on the login screen before triggering it to run.

if(document.URL.split('/')[3] === 'login'){
}

Thanks  @bneporadny ‌ that worked great.

Alternately, you can set their user "Authentication ID" to "canvas" using a SIS import. This will allow Canvas access to their password and give them the option to change it by email.