Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_vandenbur

Remove test student from grade book and/or course

Jump to solution

Having to grade the Test Student every week bugs me.  Can I remove him from the course or at least get him out of the grade book?  I tried "reset student view" but that didn't do it.

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @david_vandenbur ‌...

I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this as an instructor...so if you can't, please reach out to an admin at your school who works with Canvas on a daily basis.  In order to remove the "Test Student" from the Gradebook, go to Settings, and then click on the Sections tab.  Next, click on the section number that is listed under the Course Sections heading.  Under the Current Enrollments heading, you should see Student, Test with a really long string of characters (numbers and letters).  This is the "Test Student" that you will want to remove.  Move your mouse over this account, and there should be a red "X" for you to click on to remove it.  (Again, if you don't see this, speak to an admin at your school.)  Be aware, though, that if you ever use the Student View button (via Settings) again, this will show back up, and you'd have to remove it if you don't want to see it any more.

Hope this helps, David!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @david_vandenbur ‌...

I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this as an instructor...so if you can't, please reach out to an admin at your school who works with Canvas on a daily basis.  In order to remove the "Test Student" from the Gradebook, go to Settings, and then click on the Sections tab.  Next, click on the section number that is listed under the Course Sections heading.  Under the Current Enrollments heading, you should see Student, Test with a really long string of characters (numbers and letters).  This is the "Test Student" that you will want to remove.  Move your mouse over this account, and there should be a red "X" for you to click on to remove it.  (Again, if you don't see this, speak to an admin at your school.)  Be aware, though, that if you ever use the Student View button (via Settings) again, this will show back up, and you'd have to remove it if you don't want to see it any more.

Hope this helps, David!

Stefanie, that worked. Thank you.

Do we need to put this into the Canvas Guide? (I searched everyone and couldn’t find a way to do it, but maybe everyone else already knows.)

David VanDenburgh, D.Min.

Professor of Religion

Chair, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences

Kettering College

Chris, thanks!

David VanDenburgh, D.Min.

Professor of Religion

Chair, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences

Kettering College