cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mstegall
Community Member

Removed Students

Jump to solution

I removed a student from the course and am trying to get that data back. How do I un-remove a student. Is there a way to retrieve that data? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello  @mstegall , if your institution allows instructors to add people, you can use the "+ People" button to add the student back to the course and their data should come back.  I am sure there are some things that don't come back 100% but everything I have ever needed has.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello  @mstegall , if your institution allows instructors to add people, you can use the "+ People" button to add the student back to the course and their data should come back.  I am sure there are some things that don't come back 100% but everything I have ever needed has.

View solution in original post

Hello Nick Wilson,

Is there a way to add without the username?

nwilson7
Community Champion

It really depends on how your institution brings students in.  When adding a new user, you have three options: email address, username, or SIS ID.  I know many times, at least in K-12, that the SIS ID is the student's school ID number.  Higher Ed does not always follow this but many times does as well.  

If you know another teacher that has that student, they could always see what the student's username in the system is.  

Hope that helps!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @mstegall ...

In addition to the awesome feedback that you've gotten from  @nwilson7  Thank You, I wanted to also throw out the idea that once you re-enroll the student to get the data back in your course, you can then "deactivate" that student.  The student would not have access to the course, but yet you could still see the things you needed to see.  Here's some additional information for you that you might want to consider: How do I deactivate an enrollment in a course?

I hope this extra bit of information will be helpful to you, Melissa.

mstegall
Community Member

Thank you both Nick Wilson and Chris Hofer these are awesome!!

Thank you

Mrs. Melissa Stegall

Agriculture

Mechanics & Welding

Teacher

FFA Advisor

Yearbook Adviser

Sonora High School

Phone: 209.532.5511 ex 5245 or Metal Shop 5243 Auto Shop 5247

Fax: 209.532.4513

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any accompanying document(s)

are privileged and confidential, and are intended for the sole use of the

addressee(s). If you have received this transmission in error, you are

advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any

action in reliance upon it is strictly prohibited.If you received this

communication in error, please return the message via email reply and

immediately delete it from your system.