Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily_moore
Community Participant

Removing a Requirement from a Module

Jump to solution

Hello everyone!

We had some courses added to our instance of Canvas recently that had requirements set for some of the modules. It turns out we don't need those requirements so I am trying to remove them, but I don't seem to be able to do so. I have followed the steps to edit a module and clicked the "x" next to the requirement I want removed, then clicked the Update Module button, but the requirement won't go away.

Has anyone else had this issue? Were you able to find a way around it?

Thanks!

Emily

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

emily.moore​, this sounds like a bug or an anomaly, and it's one I couldn't replicate. I just navigated to a course with a lot of items in a module (pages, videos, quizzes) and set View and Must score at least requirements on the items. I then clicked on Edit to X out the requirements, as you described, then clicked Update Module at the bottom right of the dialog box, and the requirements immediately disappeared from the module.

I suggest that you open a support case, ideally from the page on which the modules appear, by clicking on the Help link at the lower left of the Canvas screen and selecting the Report a Problem option.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

emily.moore​, this sounds like a bug or an anomaly, and it's one I couldn't replicate. I just navigated to a course with a lot of items in a module (pages, videos, quizzes) and set View and Must score at least requirements on the items. I then clicked on Edit to X out the requirements, as you described, then clicked Update Module at the bottom right of the dialog box, and the requirements immediately disappeared from the module.

I suggest that you open a support case, ideally from the page on which the modules appear, by clicking on the Help link at the lower left of the Canvas screen and selecting the Report a Problem option.

View solution in original post

emily_moore
Community Participant

Thank you, stefaniesanders for your quick response! Do you know if this would be an issue if our instance of Canvas is self-hosted?

If you self host, then this could definitely be part of the problem.