Removing unused assignment groups from grade book

Jump to solution
pmclarke
Community Member

Hello, 

I saw a couple of years ago that someone asked about how to remove unused assignment groups from the grade book because she alternates projects with each term. I saw responses that included deleting the assignment group and then someone else added that they had the same question (2020) after the issue was considered closed. So I am here asking the same again in the hope that this is something that has been "corrected". It makes the grade book cluttered and can be confusing to students to see columns that are not related to their grade. I do not want to delete the groups because they contain content that I will use next term and I want them to copy. I also have a group where publisher test banks/quizzes were imported and they show up though students do not have access to them. Is there any resolution for cleaning up those columns or is this something that needs to be suggested in another forum?

Thank you so much!

2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @pmclarke ...

For any assignment group columns in your Gradebook (usually those will appear at the end of your Gradebook), there is an associated assignment group on your "Assignments" index page.  I understand why you would want to keep assignment groups for later use, but at the same time, if you don't want them part of your Gradebook, you'd have to remove those assignment groups from your "Assignments" index page in order to remove them from your Gradebook.  There isn't a way to "hide" those assignment groups in the Gradebook.

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this helps to at least answer your question.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Be well, stay safe.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

One thing that has worked for me is to create a category called Assignment Bank. I put any assignments I want to keep around, either for possible assignment later in the course or for future semesters. Students will just see the title (innocuous enough). If you go to the trouble of tagging each as ungraded (I don't bother), these assignments won't show up in the gradebook. I

View solution in original post

0 Likes