Replying to Announcement email

Jump to solution
kbratisax
Community Member

When I send an announcement to my students, I want them to be able to reply to the email they receive. I don't want them to have to log into the course first. I just want them to be able to reply to the email. But the return email address says  Instructure Canvas <notifications@instructure.com>. I can't figure out where/how to change this?

Help please.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @kbratisax ...

As a Canvas administrator for our Technical College, I can tell you that the notifications@instructure.com e-mail address is the e-mail address that is used when e-mail notifications are sent out to people for various notifications that you can get in Canvas.  I could be completely wrong here, but I don't believe it is possible for students to reply to those e-mail notifications for announcements you post to your course.  This Guide, How do I reply to an announcement as a student?, shows how students can reply within the course, but there is nothing that indicates that students can reply via e-mail.  As it relates to the Canvas Inbox, however, if you sent out a message to your students via the Inbox, and they receive notification of it via their e-mail address, they should be able to reply via e-mail.

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post