Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily
Community Member

Resizing media in new Rich Content Editor

Is there a way to resize embedded media (iframes) without going into the HTML? I used to be able to get a Properties box, or just drag the corners to resize. Bonus points if it retains the h/w proportions!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @emily ...

What kinds of "media" are you wanting to embed in the New RCE?  Images?  Videos?  Something else?  If you are embedding images, I've always made sure that those images are the proper size that I wanted *before* uploading them to Canvas ... using an image editor outside of Canvas.  That way, I am not messing with the code to re-size the image within Canvas.  Re-sizing an image in Canvas does not increase/decrease the actual file size.  So, if you could maybe provide a use case and/or example or two of media that you are trying to re-size, that would be helpful.  Thanks!

emily
Community Member

Hi, @chofer 

In this case, I'm trying to embed h5P content (we don't yet have the LTI integrated). I'm aware that resizing in Canvas doesn't change the true size of the media (it only changes the dimensions). I also know that you can change the size in H5P before you copy the embed code, but what if teh user doesn't know that, or changes their mind once they see how huge 1000 pixels is on screen? *I* know how to change this in the HTML code, but that's a bridge too far for most of my faculty.

It used to be easy to open up the media properties and change the dimensions, but either that is no longer the case, or I don't see how to do it. So...is this still possible? If so, how?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @emily...

Unfortunately, I do not have experience with H5P content in Canvas, so I don't think I'll be of much help...sorry to say.  But, I'm hopeful that someone else may see your question soon and have some ideas for you.  Thanks for providing the extra details, though.  Very helpful!