cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bturnbull1
Community Member

Respond to messages from outlook

Jump to solution

Hello, I am an instructor trying to respond to student Canvas messages from the Outlook desktop client. Every time I respond I am told "To reply to Canvas messages from this email, it must first be a confirmed communication channel in your Canvas profile. Please visit your profile and resend the confirmation email for this email address." However, when I go to Canvas settings/ways to contact it looks like my email is confirmed:

305891_pastedImage_1.png 

And I can't figure out how to resend the confirmation email. Can you walk me through it? Thanks, Brian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mzimmerman
Community Champion

Hi Brian,

Be sure that the email address that Outlook is sending as your return address is the same one that is listed in Canvas.  At many schools, there are variations in the way that an email is specified, and Outlook may be sending back something different.

Doing a quick search for your address based on your screen shot, it turns up your Weebly page, and on that page you list your email address as ending in "@sar.usf.edu".  If that's what Outlook is sending, then Canvas is going to see that as a different address, and you'll want to add that version of the email address to Canvas as well.

Mike

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mzimmerman
Community Champion

Hi Brian,

Be sure that the email address that Outlook is sending as your return address is the same one that is listed in Canvas.  At many schools, there are variations in the way that an email is specified, and Outlook may be sending back something different.

Doing a quick search for your address based on your screen shot, it turns up your Weebly page, and on that page you list your email address as ending in "@sar.usf.edu".  If that's what Outlook is sending, then Canvas is going to see that as a different address, and you'll want to add that version of the email address to Canvas as well.

Mike

View solution in original post