Respondus LockDown Browser

Jump to solution
emrust
Community Novice

In looking through help information, I see the following:  If your institution uses the Respondus LockDown Browser LTI, the Respondus option will not appear under Quiz Restrictions and Respondus LockDown settings can be managed from the LockDown Browser Dashboard in Course Navigation.

I do not see a link to the Respondus option, nor do I see a link or "browser dashboard" in course navigation.  How can I verify if my institution has the LTI and/or request that they activate/utilize the LTI?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @emrust ...

I'm going off of memory here because we no longer have LockDown Browser.  The first place that you can look to see if LockDown Browser has been integrated into your school's Canvas environment is within your Canvas course "Settings".  Check out the "Navigation" tab where you can configure the layout of your course navigation buttons.  How do I manage Course Navigation links?  Do you see any reference to the LockDown Browser in any of the rows that you can drag up/down?  If so, then your school has configured LockDown Browser to work with your Canvas quizzes.  If not, you will want to reach out to your school's local Canvas administrator or your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if it has been integrated with your school's Canvas environment.

Here are a couple YouTube videos (I've not viewed them entirely, however) that should help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes