cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christensenk
Community Member

Restore a course created in Canvas

Jump to solution

During the summer I created an extensive new course in Canvas. Last week, my college cancelled the course due to low enrollment. The course has now disappeared from the Dashboard. Can it be restored so that I can copy it?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi kath,

Yes there are a couple of ways that this could be done, but it all depends on what your college did with the course.  If your enrollment has been concluded from the course then you maybe able to see the course in your list of prior enrollments. If your school completely removed you from the course then they would simply need to add you back into the course as an instructor so that you can copy it.  If they have completely removed the course from Canvas all together then it require your college going into the test or beta instances of Canvas and pulling the course out as a #common cartridge‌ course so that you can then import the course into another shell within Canvas.

In any of those cases you'd need to contact your colleges Canvas Administration staff and work with them on getting access back to the course. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi kath,

Yes there are a couple of ways that this could be done, but it all depends on what your college did with the course.  If your enrollment has been concluded from the course then you maybe able to see the course in your list of prior enrollments. If your school completely removed you from the course then they would simply need to add you back into the course as an instructor so that you can copy it.  If they have completely removed the course from Canvas all together then it require your college going into the test or beta instances of Canvas and pulling the course out as a #common cartridge‌ course so that you can then import the course into another shell within Canvas.

In any of those cases you'd need to contact your colleges Canvas Administration staff and work with them on getting access back to the course. 

View solution in original post

Thank you very much!