Restore an accidentally deleted app from production?

Jump to solution
fsilva1
Community Explorer

Hello,

An application was accidentally deleted yesterday from our production instance. Is there a way to restore a deleted application as an Admin, possibly from Beta, or do you simply need to re-integrate the app? If I need to re-integrate the app my fear is that a new integration would require the re-pairing of courses (the app is Cengage for math).

Thank you,

-Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@fsilva1 I recommend reaching out to support and seeing if they can work their magic.  I am not aware of a way other than manually adding it again which depending on the LTI may or may not break the links in courses.  We have Cengage too and that one may be okay but I could see it messing with courses that synced the content.  

For another LTI (will not name them here) I was asked by our CSM with them (not our Canvas CMS) to delete it and re-add it so I was on their updated version.  Was supposed to be all the same information on our end it just forced an update on their end.  They ensured me that this would have no affect on anything for our users.  Well...it broke everything.  Everywhere it was used in a course was completely useless and it all had to be redone by the instructors.  Fortunately it was a small pilot group but still was ugly.

-Nick

View solution in original post